The 1 Day Hike to Machu Picchu or One Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu from KM 104 is the best option to reach the ancient sacred city of Machu Picchu and is perfect for those who have tight schedule or those looking to experience a small taste of trekking in the Peruvian Andes without camping overnight or embarking on a multi-day trek, and also a great travel option for those who love the idea of walking like the Incas, admiring the magnificent scenery and discovering the mystery of the Incas while highlights the best part of the famous Inca Trail before arriving on foot to one of the New 7 Wonders of the World via the iconic Sun Gate.
By embarking on our 1-day Inca Trail trek, experience the train journey through the Andean foothills following the Urubamba River to the starting point of the trek, called km 104. Then, hike the short Inca Trail and visit Machu Picchu Citadel all in one day! The trail goes through the National Park, archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna, and enters through the Sun Gate with unforgettable views of the imposing Machu Picchu. Upon arriving at Machu Picchu, get a private guided tour, visiting all the hidden corners of the Inca monument.
- Distance: 13 Km ( 6 hrs hike )
- Hight altitude: 2700 Mts
- Low altitude: 2100 Mts
- How Long: 1 Day Hike
NOTA the Permits for the 1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu do not sell out as much as for the full Inca Trail 4 Days. And so you can usually book them close to the date- although it is preferable to book early to secure them. The permits are available every day of the year except for the month of February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
- Trek the best section of the Short Inca Trail
- Hike through the Sun Gate for your first view of Machu Picchu
- Spot tropical birds and rare orchids
- Usually available when permits for the 4 Days Inca Trail are sold out
- Visit Chachamba and Wiñay Wayna Inca sites
- Escape the crowds taking the train
- Great for families or those short on time
Pickup from your hotel (about 4:30 am) to transfer you by sacred valley to the Ollantaytambo train station, where we board the train. The train winds us through the mountains and cloud forests with breathtaking scenery until it stops in the jungle at Km 104 train station, the starting point of our One Day Trek to Machu Picchu. After crossing the Urubamba river on a footbridge, we check in with park rangers at the control point showing our entrance fee, then continue our hike to the archaeological site of Chachabamba, with an elevation of 2150m. From here we ascend a hill for about 2 hrs or 3 hrs until we reach a beautiful secluded waterfall and in a few more minutes, will arrive at the fascinating archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna 2650 m (8,694.23 ft). After we experience the guided tour the ancient ruins. we continue to hike through the semitropical cloud forest area, until we cross over the mountain through Intipunku (The Sun Gate) to get our first glimpse of Machu Picchu. After a short hike down (about 45 minutes), there is time to stop for photos before we continue with our guiding tour at Machu Picchu for about 2:30 minutes exploring temples palaces an then descend by bus to Aguas Calientes to take our train back to ollantaytambo then by private van to Cusco hotel.
- Pre-departure brifing meeting.
- Round trip tourist vun between Cusco and Ollantaytambo train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail 1 day and Machu Picchu
- 1 bus ticket between Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Services of 01 professional guide
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- 1 lunch (Lunch box). Vegetarian option (no extra charge)
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least for the duration of your adventure.
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Tips (optional)