The 1-Day Hike to Machu Picchu or One-Day Inca Trail from KM 104 is an ideal option for those on a tight schedule or seeking a taste of trekking in the Peruvian Andes without camping overnight. This short trek follows the Urubamba River to km 104, where you’ll hike the short Inca Trail and visit Machu Picchu Citadel. The trail passes through the National Park, Winay Wayna archaeological site, and the iconic Sun Gate, offering unforgettable views of the imposing Inca monument. Upon arrival, you’ll receive a private guided tour, visiting hidden corners of the Inca monument.
- Distance: 13 Km ( 6 hrs hike )
- Hight altitude: 2700 Mts
- Low altitude: 2100 Mts
- How Long: 1 Day Hike
NOTA the Permits for the 1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu do not sell out as much as for the full Inca Trail 4 Days. And so you can usually book them close to the date- although it is preferable to book early to secure them. The permits are available every day of the year except for the month of February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
- Trek the best section of the Short Inca Trail
- Hike through the Sun Gate for your first view of Machu Picchu
- Spot tropical birds and rare orchids
- Usually available when permits for the 4 Days Inca Trail are sold out
- Visit Chachamba and Wiñay Wayna Inca sites
- Escape the crowds taking the train
- Great for families or those short on time
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. and transfer you to the Ollantaytambo train station. The train will take you through mountains and cloud forests, culminating in the starting point of our one-day trek to Machu Picchu. After crossing the Urubamba River, we will check in with park rangers and hike to the archaeological site of Chachabamba. We will then ascend a hill to a waterfall and the fascinating Wiaywayna complex. After a guided tour, we will cross the mountain through Intipunku (the Sun Gate) to see Machu Picchu, for photo opportunities, and at the same time for the whole guided tour in the citadel. We will then descend by bus to Aguas Calientes, take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and return by private van to our hotel in Cusco.
Starting Altitude – 2,170 m / 7,170 ft
Highest Altitude – 2,720 m / 8,920 ft
Walking Distance – 13 km / 8 miles
- Pre-departure brifing meeting.
- Round trip tourist vun between Cusco and Ollantaytambo train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail 1 day and Machu Picchu
- 1 bus ticket between Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Services of 01 professional guide
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- 1 lunch (Lunch box). Vegetarian option (no extra charge)
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least for the duration of your adventure.
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Tips (optional)