- Type of Tourism: Cultural, Historical, Hiking and great natural scenes.
- Lodging: Hotel lodging not included.
- Duration: One Day, day trips from Cusco or the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Type of Service: Private service – All inclusive with local tour guide and entrance fee paid. We do not offer small group service options.
- Time of year: We recommend coming April through December. This is the best season. (Note: January, February, and March are the rainy season months).
For 2024– 2025 it is recommended that you book your Machu Picchu Tours and Tickets-1 Day as early as possible, especially if you are travelling during the peak season or if you wish to climb up Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain after the guided tour.
Note: Most of our Machu Picchu by train 1-day trips leave Cusco at 3:00 am in the morning. But if you want to leave on a later schedule, we can arrange it too.
We will pick you up at 4:30 am, then drive for an hour and a half to the village of Ollantaytambo, which is located in the Sacred Valley, where we’ll take our train to Aguas Calientes. With unparalleled landscape throughout the journey, the train journey itself is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Following the Urubamba River downstream of the Sacred Valley You’ll get to Aguas Calientes at 6:40 a.m., then take the bus up to Machu Picchu for about 30 minutes. Once you pass the Mapi checkpoint, your guide will take you to the guardhouse, where you will take a postcard shot of Machu Picchu. Then you will have a 2-hour Machu Picchu guided tour, during which you’ll learn about the Inca civilization and visit all the highlights of Machu Picchu. You will visit the Sun Temple, the Temple of Three Windows, the Inca House, Main Plaza, Wayrana, Sacred Rock, etc.
After visiting the citadel, you’ll catch the bus down to Aguas Calientes, where you will have lunch, then board the train at 2:55 pm back to Ollantaytambo, then go on by private van to Cusco. We will drop you off at 7:00 p.m. at your hotel.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Guided tour at Machu Picchu.
- The hotel picks up and drops off.
- Round-trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Private van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Machu Picchu Ticket
- Round-trip bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Meals which are not indicated on the tour itinerary.
- Extra purchases that the client makes during their journey.
- Tips for our team after the tour (Tips).
WHAT TO BRING TO MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
- Original passport (you will not be let into Machu Picchu if you do not have your passport).
- valid Student Card (if you booked as a student).
- Backpack/Day Pack (the smaller, the better)
- Nice shirt and pants for Machu Picchu. Remember, you will always treasure these photos. Wear something you love.
- Sun hat and sunglasses
- Refillable water bottle.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- Some money for a passport stamp (S/1), the toilet (S/2), and for souvenirs you want to buy or for lunch at the restaurant (expensive).
- A camera.
- Comfortable walking shoes or trekking shoes.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medications.
- Small first aid