Machu Picchu Day Tours with expedition Train lets you admire and enjoy the incredible scenic views and unmatched panoramic train journey as you pass through the Peruvian countryside and the ancient towns of the Quechuas (Incas) to Machu Picchu.
This 1.5-hour leisurely train ride starts from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) through the alpine meadows nestled amongst the green, brown and white peaks, the intricately formed valleys, layers of handmade Inca farming terraces, ridged snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle near the Amazon up to Machu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
Once arriving at Machu Pícchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes), take a private tour of the Inca ruin of Machu Picchu (2,400m/7907ft) with experience tour guide and spend some free time exploring the ruins on your own. On the way back to Cusco, enjoy an onboard display of local culture with traditional music, dances, and cuisine.
- Type of Tourism: Cultural, Historical, Hiking and great natural scenes.
- Lodging: Hotel lodging not included.
- Duration: One Day, day trips from Cusco or the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Type of Service: Private service – All inclusive with local tour guide and entrance fee paid. We do not offer small group service options.
- Time of year: We recommend coming April through December. This is the best season. (Note: January, February, and March are the rainy season months).
For 202o – 2021 it is recommended that you book your Machu Picchu Tours 1 Day as early as possible, especially if you are travelling during the peak season or if you wish to climb up Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain after the guided tour.
- Private transportation in our van from your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley to the Ollantaytambo station and back.
- A local tour guide along in the van who speaks your language of choice, either English or Spanish.
- Round trip Machu Picchu train tickets. From Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and back to Ollantaytambo (Your choice of the Expedition train or the Vistadome train with
Perurail company or the Voyager train with Inca Rail company).
- Bus tickets for the bus which takes you from Aguas Calientes up the mountain when visiting Machu Picchu and back to Aguas Calientes.
- Professional local tour guide at Machu Picchu who speaks your language of choice, English or Spanish. If you prefer a different language, please let us know before you
confirm your reservation. For a guide who speaks a language which is not English or Spanish, there will be an additional fee. The amount of this fee depends on which
language you choose.
- Private 3-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu Archeological Site.
- Food included: One a la carte lunch at Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel by Inkaterra in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance Ticket in to South America’s premier tourist attraction, Machu Picchu.
- First aid equipment and auxiliary oxygen if necessary, along the route from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Meals which are not indicated on the tour itinerary.
- Additional expenses due to bad weather or last minute flight cancelations. Additional charges for last minute Machu Picchu train service cancelations due to bad weather.
- Extra purchases that the client makes during their journey.
- Damages which the customer causes on the bus or the trains.
- The Classic Inca Trail trek is not included on this day tour.
- Tips for our team after the tour (Tips).