Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail, 3 Days: This tour is a combination of the famous Sacred Valley Tour and the short Inca Trail for 2 days to Machu Picchu. It packs an incredible amount of beauty, history, and adventure. This tour lasted three days.
It includes a full-day sacred valley tour, lodging in a nice hotel in Ollantaytambo village, a beautiful train ride to trailhead KM 104, a 1-day hike on the short Inca Trail to reach Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate, lodging in a nice and comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes, and a guided tour of Machu Picchu.
It incorporates a significant portion of the classic Inca Trail, but in a shorter time frame! On this hike, you will tour the Inca Ruins of Chachabamba and Wiay Wayna to reach Machu Picchu through the famous Sun Gate and witness the view of the magnificent Inca city. This Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu offer you sunset and sunrise over Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour, visiting Pisac Inca Site, the Colourful Market of Urubamba, and the Ollantaytambo Inca Complex (overnight in Ollantaytambo town).
Day 2: Ollantaytambo, Km. 104; Wiay Wayna; Sun Gate; Machu Picchu; Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 3: Guided tour of Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, and Cusco Hotel
Sacred Valley and 1 day inca trail – Pre-trek briefing
An experienced adventure tour guide briefs participants for the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2-day hike, allowing final preparations and questions at the hotel before the trip.
Machu Picchu 3 day package – Highlights
- Explore local communities and visit one of the numerous vibrant craft markets.
- Visit the smaller yet equally impressive ruins of Pisac and Ollantaytambo.
- Spend the night in the ancient village of Ollantaytambo.
- Enjoy the scenery while you ride the panoramic train.
- Hike the short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Visit the world-famous Inca citadel of Machu Picchu twice, perched at 2400 m.
The Sacred Valley Tour departs from Cusco at 7:30 a.m. and includes stops at an alpaca farm, a local alpaca farm, and a lookout point. The first stop is Pisac, a village with a market and Inca ruins. The guide will explain the ruins and market, and you can explore them independently. The tour continues to Urubamba, where lunch is served. The final stop is Ollantaytambo, a famous temple designed to align with the sun’s cycle and showcase ancient technology. The tour ends at Ollantaytambo Village, where you will rest for the next day’s Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu.
Walking distance: Van
Overnight accommodations: Hotel in Ollantaytambo (3 stars hotel)
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel at 5:40 a.m. in Ollantaytambo village. We will travel by train from Ollantaytambo to the trailhead (called km 104). We will cross the bridge, which is over the Urubamba River, to the checkpoint, where you will show your passport and entrance fee for the Short Inca Trail. Once you pass the checkpoint, we will start to hike to the first archaeological site (Chachabamba).
This complex was considered the second gate to Machu Picchu. After climbing for approximately 3.5 hours, we will arrive at the fascinating Inca site of Wiay Wayna, where we will stop to eat our box lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue through the cloud forest towards the famous Inti Punku (sun gate), from where we have our first panoramic view of the marvellous Machu Picchu. Continuing the inca foot step until we reach another view point or classic view point from where you will take your afternoon sun set photos, the bus will take us to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in the hotel.
Walking distance: 12 km / 7.5 miles
Overnight accommodations: Hotel in Aguas Calientes (3 stars hotel)
Meals: Box lunch and dinner. Breakfast is not included.
After an early breakfast at 5:00 am in Aguas Calientes, we will board one of the first tourist buses to the Machu Picchu main entrance. You will have an early-morning, 2-hour guided tour of this spectacular and mystical site.
This guided tour includes hiking through the different sections of the city, such as the urban sector, the agriculture sector, and the religious zone. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the city by yourself, according to the time set by the tour guide.
Additionally, this free time can be used to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain (1 hour up) or Machu Picchu Mountain (2 hours up) to have the best panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. However, if you would like to do this, please book it in advance with us, as there are additional tickets that need to be purchased. Climbing to the top of either mountain.
At the designated time, you will take a bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you will have lunch and receive your train ticket(s) back to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, we will transfer you back to your hotel in Cusco using our private transport.
Walking distance: None
Overnight accommodations: None
- An English-speaking professional guide experienced in cultural tours and trekking
- Private and comfortable transportation with a professional driver
- Trek briefing with your guide
- Pick up at your hotel
- One night of accommodation in Ollantaytambo Village (3-star hotel).
- Train from Ollantaytambo to km 104.
- A private transportation service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- One-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (3 stars) hot shower, bathroom, private room, and breakfast included.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1 round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on day 2.
- Short Inca Trail Admission Tickets and Machu Picchu Fee
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- First-aid kit, including an emergency oxygen tank.
- One box lunch and dinner in Aguas Calientes Village
- All local taxes
- Entrance fees to the sites: Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket
- Lunch on the Sacred Valley tour
- First-day breakfast (usually served in the hotel), last lunch at Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu Mountain is $75 per person.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain is $75 per person.
- Vistadome Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train: Please add US$57 per person (for the return to Cusco Poroy at 4:43 pm).
- Personal expenses.
- Tipping for the guide.