This Sacred Valley Tour & Short Inca Trail 3 Days its a perfect option to discovery the treasure of the Inca history and small portion of the classic Inca trail,
This tour includes a full day of sacred valley, lodging in a nice hotel at Ollantaytambo town, beautiful train journey to trailhead KM 104 and 1 day hike to Machu Picchu through Sun Gate, lodging in a nice and comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes and guided tour of Machu Picchu Inca site from the expert tour guide.
Sacred valley Tour & short Inca trail 3 days
This Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail 3 days tour is a great package option that allows you to learn the history of the great Inca Civilization with personalized attention and comfort while visiting the most outstanding places (Pisac & Ollantaytambo ruins) including exploring the colorful local market & isolated villages. As well as an excellent One day Inca Trail.
Overview of the Sacred Valley Tour and Machu Picchu Hike 2 Days
- Name of the tour: Sacred Valley Trip and Machu Picchu Hike 3 days.
- Trek Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Total Distance: Full Day Sacred Valley Trip + 1-Day Hike 12 km / 7.5 miles.
- Accommodation: Two Nights Hotel Accommodation.
- Type of tour: History, Culture and Hiking Adventure.
- Altitude of the trail: Elevation 8,700 feet / Min. Elevation 6,600 feet
- Group Size: (min 2 – max 8 / average 4).
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate & Challenging
- Departure Day: Our Company organize daily departures.
- Weather: Expect changing temperatures and humidity.
Day 1: Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour visiting Pisac Inca Site & Colorful Market of Urubamba, Ollantaytambo Inca complex (Overnight in Ollantaytambo town)
Day 2: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 3: Guided tour in Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel
For Sacred Valley and Hike To Machu Picchu 3 Days to Machu Picchu, you will have a thorough briefing with your experienced adventure tour guide, 1 or 2 days before your adventure. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you can take this opportunity to ask final questions and make any final preparations.
- Explore local communities and visit one of numerous vibrant craft markets
- Visit the smaller yet equally impressive ruins of Pisac, and Ollantaytambo.
- Spend the night in the ancient village of Ollantaytambo
- Enjoy the scenery while you ride the panoramic train
- Hike the Short Inca trail to Machu Picchu
- Visit the world-famous Inca citadel of Machu Picchu twice, perched at 2400m
This tour will start at 7:30 am when we pick you up at your hotel, and will immediately start heading out of Cusco towards the Sacred Valley Tour. On the way there, we will stop at a local alpaca farm, where you will get the opportunity to meet with some of the locals and feed some of the native animals from Peru.
After stopping here, we will continue towards the Sacred Valley, stopping at a lookout point to take some pictures of the beautiful valley and surrounding mountains peaks.
Our first stop in the valley will be Pisac, a local village with a thriving market and beautiful ruins. The guide will give an explanation of the inca ruins, then you will have time to explore the ruins and the market on your own.
After Pisac, we will continue onto Urubamba, where we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, we will continue on to our final stop of the day, Ollantaytambo. These famous ruins were built to match the sun’s cycle, aligning the temple with the nearby mountains to track the solstices.
This temple also has quite intricate agricultural terraces, allowing you to experience some of the ancient technology that was available to the Incas. Our guide will give you an explanation of the site, after which you will have free time to explore the ruins on your own. After some time, we will drop you off at your Hotel in Ollantaytambo Village. Where you will rest very well for the following day that will have a Short Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu.
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel at 5:40 am in Ollantaytambo village. we will travel by train from Ollantaytambo to the trailhead (called km 104). We will cross the bridge which is over the Urubamba River to the checkpoint, where you will show your passport and entrance fee of the Short Inca trail, once you pass the checkpoint; will start to hike to the first archeological site (Chachabamba).
This complex was considered the second gate to Machu Picchu. After climbing approximately 3.5 hours, we will arrive at the fascinating Inca site of Wiñay Wayna, where we will stop to eat our box lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue through the cloud forest towards the famous Inti Punku (sun gate), from where we have our first panoramic view of marvelous Machu Picchu. Continuing the inca foot step until we reach to another view point or classic view point from where you will take your afternoon sun set photos and then the bus going to take us to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in the hotel.
Walking distance: 12 km / 7.5 miles
Overnight accommodations: Hotel in Aguas Calientes (3 stars hotel)
Meals: Box lunch and dinner. Breakfast is not included.
After an early breakfast at 5:00 am in Aguas Calientes, we will board the one of the first tourist bus to the Machu Picchu main entrance. You will have an early-morning, 2-hour guided tour of this spectacular and mystical site.
This guided tour includes hiking through the different sections of the city, such as the urban sector, the agriculture sector, and the religions zone. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the city by yourself, according to the time set by the tour guide.
Additionally, this free time can be used to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain 1 hour up or Machu Picchu Mountain 2 hours up to have the best panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. However, if you would like to do this, please book this in advance with us as there are additional tickets that need to be purchased. Climbing to the top of either mountain.
At the designated time, you will take a bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you will have lunch and receive your train ticket(s) back to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, we will transfer you back to your hotel in Cusco using our private transport.
- English speaking professional guide experienced in cultural tour and trekking.
- Private and comfortable transportation with a professional driver. The type of vehicle will be provided based on the size of the group (SEDAN, MINI-VAN or VAN); to tour of Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- One night of accommodation in Ollantaytambo Village (3 stars hotel).
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Km 104.
- A private transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (3- stars) hot shower, bathroom, private room and breakfast included.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1. Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on day 2.
- Short Inca Trail Admission Tickets and Machu Picchu fee.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- First-aid kit including an emergency oxygen tank.
- One Box lunch and dinner In Aguas Calientes Village.
- All local taxes.
- Entrance fees to the sites: Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket.
- Lunch in the Sacred Valley tour.
- Entrance fees to the sites: Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket 70 soles.
- Lunch in the Sacred Valley tour.
- First-day breakfast (Usually served in Hotel), Last lunch at Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu Mountain $ 75 per person.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain $ 75 per person.
- Vistadome Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train, Please add US$57 per person – (For the return to Cusco Poroy at 4:43 pm).
- Personal expenses.
- Tipping for the guide.
- Entrance to hot springs/ 10.