Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days, We combine the most spectacular Incan ruins the surrounding area has to offer. You will be amazed by the unparalleled landscape of the Peruvian Andes throughout your journey and get a true taste of the local culture.
The Sacred Valley Tour and Machu Picchu 2 days are a must when visiting Cusco. With our expert local guide by your side, you will learn all about the landscape, Reach Incan history, and why the area is so important. The tour starts by exploring the Sacred Valley while enjoying the salt ponds, Moray inca site, and Ollantaytambo ruins. It also includes a beautiful train ride through the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes, you will check into your comfortable hotel and have the evening to explore Aguas Calientes Town. The next day, we wake up extra early to enjoy Machu Picchu at sunrise while your guide gives you a detailed tour of the ruins. After the tour, you and your guide part ways, and you will have free time to soak in the powerful views or take a hike to the beautiful Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (additional entrance fee). In the late afternoon, you will board the train back to Ollantaytambo, where you will transfer to a van and depart back to
Machu Picchu 2 Day Tour -Pre-trek briefing
For the Sacred Valley Tour and Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days, you will have a thorough briefing with your experienced adventure tour guide 1 or 2 days before your tour. Your guide will meet you at your hotel, and you can take this opportunity to ask any final questions and make any final preparations.
Machu Picchu 2 package highlight
- Unique local experience
- The vistas of Urubamba Mountain Ranges
- Inca complex of Moray, Ollamtaytambo, Machu Picchu
- Train experience
- Guiding tour of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Local Food
- Salt ponds
This tour starts in Cusco; we’ll pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am and then drive to Chinchero town, a small Andean village located at 3,750 meters (12,303 feet), dedicated to agriculture, textiles, and the home of the famous Peruvian weaving, where you will enjoy the traditional handmade weaving demonstration of textiles, including how to make beautiful natural alpaca wool sweaters. You’ll also have the opportunity to purchase some textiles here if you wish.
Afterwards, we will head to the agricultural terraces of Moray, one of the most impressive ancient sites in Peru. Moray’s stepped platforms are in fact an Inca food laboratory, where each terrace replicated different weather conditions throughout the empire. That way, Inca scientists could learn what grew best during the year to maximise their crop yields! Next, we will drive to another ancient marvel—the Salt Ponds Mines. These spectacular hillside salt pools have not changed since Inca times and are still used to this day. After finishing our visit to the ancient salt mines of Maras, or Salineras, we will drive to the town of Urubamba to enjoy lunch (not included).
After lunch, we will head to Ollantaytambo train station to board the Vistadome train heading to Aguas Calientes. During the trip, you’ll see several glaciers and snowy peaks, as well as fertile green valleys and Inca agricultural platforms on both sides of the valley. Once in Aguas Calientes, you’ll stay in a pleasant and comfortable hotel. An unbeatable way to spend free time is to visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes. In the evening, you’ll get to enjoy a delicious dinner at the best restaurant.
After having an early breakfast at your hotel without being rushed (5:00 am), you’ll meet your guide and take the 25-minute bus ride up to Machu Picchu. At the entrance to the Inca citadel, you must show your entry ticket and your passport. Once you’ve cleared the official Machu Picchu checkpoint, you’ll have the pleasure of observing how the golden light of the dawn sun gradually covers all the corners of Machu Picchu.
After soaking it all in and taking your first few photographs, you’ll have a 2.5-hour guided tour through the most important places, including the Inca Palace, Temple of the Sun, main plaza, Intiwatana, and other important temples. Where you will also find information about its history and local flora and fauna. After learning all the secrets and mysteries of Machu Picchu, you’ll have some free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own. If you choose to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain (not included in the package), you must do so at 10:00 a.m.
After exploring the marvels of Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes, and in the afternoon you will board the Expedition Class Train heading to Ollantaytambo, where we will pick you up from the train station to travel to Cusco in a private van and drop you off at the hotel door. The time of your arrival will depend on the time of your train ticket.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Private van from your hotel to ollantaytambo
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee to Sacred Valley
- Bus tickets round trip
- Train tickets round trip
- 1 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Machu PIcchu fee
- Hotel **
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu mountain
- lunch second day
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking and hiking, so it’s important to wear sturdy, comfortable shoes that provide good support.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses: The sun can be intense at high altitudes, so make sure you pack plenty of sunscreen and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes.
- Warm clothing: Even if you’re visiting during the summer months, temperatures can drop significantly in the evenings and at high altitudes, so bring warm layers like a jacket, sweater, and long pants.
- Rain gear: Machu Picchu and the surrounding areas can be prone to sudden rain showers, so be sure to pack a waterproof jacket and/or poncho.
- Daypack: You’ll want to bring a small daypack to carry your water, snacks, camera, and other essentials during your hikes and tours.
- Water bottle: Staying hydrated is crucial at high altitudes, so bring a refillable water bottle that you can fill up throughout the day.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other insects can be present in certain areas, so bring insect repellent to keep them at bay.
- Cash: You’ll want to have cash and/or a credit card on hand for souvenirs, snacks, and other expenses during your trip.
- Camera or smartphone: You’ll want to capture stunning landscapes and historical sites, so don’t forget to bring a camera or smartphone with plenty of storage space.
- Personal medication: If you have any personal medication, make sure you bring it with you and keep it easily accessible during your trip.
Remember to check the weather forecast before your trip and adjust your packing list accordingly. With the right gear and clothing, you’ll be prepared for an unforgettable Maras Moray and Machu Picchu tour.