This Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu 5 Days takes you through a spectacular variety of landscapes, From the jungle to the glaciers, passing through beautiful sub tropical valleys and high mountain landscapes. The most challenging part of the journey will be the difference in height. Our journey will start from 4200 meters to 4600 meters above sea level.
On this Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Days We spent the night in tents. Looking at the starry sky before going to sleep is one of the unforgettable experiences that we will live during the tour. Thanks to the lack of artificial light in the surroundings, we can clearly see the stars and even the Milky Way. The culmination of the Trek is the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu. This majestic place has become one of the most visited tourist sites in the world. However, the views towards the old city and the surrounding mountains are spectacular.
- Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata– Soraypampa – Soyrococha
- Day 2: Soroycocha – Huayracmachay – Colpapampa
- Day 3: Colpapampa – Playa sahuayaco – lucmabamba
- Day 4: Lucmabamba – Llaqtapata inca site – Hidro electrica – Aguas Calientes
- Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Guided tour – Cusco hotel
- Overall distance hiked: 75 km/ 46 miles
- Maximum altitude reached: 4650 m/ 15088 ft
- Overall trek difficulty: challenging
Salkantay Trail Trek Briefing
Before the Salkantay Hike to Machu Picchu, your guide will meet you at your hotel in Cusco for the briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask questions and do any last-minute shopping before leaving Cusco.